3/24/2009

Mix it Up


So March is coming to a close, but cook books are still on sale until the end of the month.  In the spirit of cooking (it is cold enough in L.A. to eat some hearty meals...I mean it's like 60 degrees), I thought I'd throw another cookbook recommendation your way.  Last time I talked about bread, but, truth be told, I don't really bake a whole lot of bread.  I mean, on the special occasion when I do Tassajara is the best.  For just everyday food, nothing beats the Moosewood Cook Book.  

It's the perfect, and best, vegetarian cookbook, but it's not just for vegetarians.  Anyone who wants to know how to cook great meals that are hearty and healthy should own this book.  The recipes aren't difficult to make, and you end up with a great dinner, rather than a frou frou meal.  The perfect cookbook for weeknight cooking, from the folks at Moosewood in Ithaca, NY.  

Happy Reading,
Julia

No comments: