3/19/2009

Cooking

Seeing as we're running a little promo at Book Soup, I thought I'd throw in my two cents and recommend some cook books.  For the whole month of March cookbooks are 15% off, and we have some great ones.  

One of my all time favorite books is the Tassajara Bread Book.  Tassajara is a zen retreat up in Big Sur, California, and this bread book creates the most amazing bread ever.  

I will admit I have a personal connection to the Tassajara Bread Book; my mother's copy has pages stuck together, the binding no longer holds the pages in, there is residual flower and coffee rings spattered all over the most important pages of the book, not to mention the fact that some of my best memories revolve around kneading dough made from that book.  

But more than just a personal relic, Tassajara bread is bread how it is meant to be.  Thick and hearty, with actual nutritional value, Tassajara bread trumps all other breads.  Buy it and give yourself over to an afternoon spent in the kitchen kneading dough (rope your friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, children, spouse) into it and spend time chatting and cooking...it's how life is supposed to be.

Happy Reading,
Julia

No comments: