2/21/2009

I Love You, Larry Doyle


Perhaps you are like me and walked by a magazine stand when the amorphous inkblots that make up Rorschach's face winked at you from the cover of Entertainment Weekly.  Perhaps you are like me and immediately had to devour the entire magazine for any morsel of Watchmen information to be found.  In the process of said devouring of said magazine, you may have run into a little blurb about a little movie called I Love You, Beth Cooper.  

Not too long ago, when the book first came out, Larry Doyle, came to Book Soup.  As a former writer for The Simpsons, it's no surprise that Larry had us all in stitches throughout the course of the evening.  However, when I went home and read the book, I was surprised to find that I kind of loved it.  It perfectly captures the one crazy night as a teenager magic with the most realistic portrayal of true nerddom I've ever read.  

It's a little like Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist for geeks.  But whatever it is, whatever it's like, it is fabulous.

Happy Reading,
Julia

No comments: