2/23/2009

Calling All Screenwriters


So I began working on a theory last year that Book Soup has the midas touch when it comes to screenwriters and Oscar wins.  Well, this year my theory has been proved.  That's right, the past three years in a row Book Soup has hosted the winner of the Best Screenplay Oscar.  Starting with Michael Arendt for Little Miss Sunshine, followed by Diablo Cody and this year we had the privilege of hosting both the winner for Best Original Screenplay and the winner for Best Adapted Screenplay. 

So by my calculations if you're a screenwriter and you have an event at Book Soup you'll win an Oscar (but don't hold me to that).

Congrats to Dustin Lance Black and Simon Beaufoy on their Oscars and the fantastic stories they told us.

Happy Reading,
Julia

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I love it! Good promo.. just like Tosh's idea that if you write in a Moleskine, you are suddenly a real writer.