4/04/2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies


Holy Crap!  Has a cooler book come out in the past few years?  I will admit I wasn't fully on board the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies bandwagon when I first heard about this book.  'What has this man done to my beloved Jane?' I asked myself.  But the more I heard the more intrigued I was by this notion.  More and more, I was curious about how this would play out.  Could you really turn the ultimate romantic novel into a zombie novel with romance?  Could Shaun of the Dead really turn out to be akin to Jane Austin?

After last night's reading, I'll admit, I'm completely convinced.  What would make Elizabeth Bennett a better heroine than she already is?  Um, make her the best damn zombie, oh I'm sorry, unmentionable, fighter the world has known.  What would make the scene where Lady Catherine and Elizabeth face off over Darcy, even more tense?  A fight to the death between these two seasoned fighters.  Yes, you all can guess what I'll be doing on my days off this week, and it has something to do with Pride, Prejudice and Zombies.

Happy Reading,
Julia

No comments: